Our skilled friendly team are able to provide up to date taxation, business and accounting services. All our work is undertaken in house. We do not outsource any of our work. Our services include the following:
- Income Tax Returns
- Financial Statements
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Business Returns and advice
- Activity Statements ABN/GST/BAS/IAS/PAYG
- Partnerships and Trusts
- Tax Registrations
- Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT)
- Company Tax Returns, Formations/De-registrations
- ASIC Returns and compliance
- Self Managed Super Funds (SMSF) Accounting and Auditing
- Bookkeeping Services
- JP Services
Whether it is the assurance for those with the simplest Tax Returns that they have reported all the income they need to and claimed all the deductions they are entitled to – or sorting out the complexities of tax law for those with multiple interests and unique circumstances, we will make sure it is right. If you are just looking to understand the tax implications of alternatives you are considering, or to know enough to make your own informed decisions, we are here to help. We can also arrange Tax File Numbers for individuals or business entities new to the system.
From preparing financial statements as the basis for lodging tax returns all the way to the detailed management accounting that helps you run your business better, we will make sure you have what you want and no less than you need.
We are not Financial Advisers (other than for the limited areas of SMSF Advice) but we have a wealth of knowledge and experience of what makes small to medium businesses successful. We can help you from the initial steps of setting up a business, be it a sole trader, partnership, trust or company through the ways to manage that business as it grows and the planning needed for succession, disposal or even winding up. From overall guidance to detailed steps along the way, we are here to help.
BAS/IAS and GST/PAYG Instalments and PAYG Withholding
Many of our business clients request that we prepare or assist with their quarterly BAS and monthly IAS. This gives them peace of mind that the BAS/IAS has been completed correctly, that the GST collected has been reported, the GST paid has been claimed in the appropriate manner, that PAYG Withholding from employees pay is all reported and that PAYG Instalments are calculated and reported as necessary. This ensures there are no unpleasant surprises at the end of the financial year when all the information is collated for the end of year financial statements and tax return. Preparing the BAS/IAS also provides us an insight as to how the business is performing all through the year so we are better able to advise you of the likely tax liability and possible tax planning prior to the end of the financial year.
From simple advice about what things are subject to Fringe Benefits Tax or what actions can be taken to avoid the need to lodge an FBT return, all the way to preparation of an annual FBT return, we will make sure you do everything you need to do, but no more than you have to.
Need a company to start a new business? See us. We are registered ASIC agents so if it’s to start up a new company or make a change to your existing company, we are here to do it. Perhaps that old company that has been sitting on the shelf needs to be de-registered? We can to do that for you!
Superannuation & Self Managed Superannuation Funds
For many years suitably qualified accountants could recommend, establish and wind up a Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) without being licensed under the Australian Financial Services Licensing (AFSL) regime, often referred to as the accountants’ exemption.
From 1 July 2016 the accountants’ exemption was removed and to provide SMSF Advice accountants need to be either licensed themselves as an AFSL or authorised under another AFSL. We have chosen not to be Licensed Financial Advisors. We continue to provide our clients with the full range of SMSF accounting and tax services from establishment to completion. You can be sure that our experienced team will help you keep your nest egg compliant.
For more information, please click here
We provide a range of bookkeeping services and are always happy to assist with your needs. Sisa is our bookkeeping specialist and is able to work on your accounts from our office via the cloud. If you need any assistance in this area feel free to give Sisa a call.
Two of our team members are registered Justices of the Peace. This is a free service so if you need a declaration to be witnessed or a document to be certified by a JP, just call in and see Nina or Sisa.
Other Partner Services
We predominantly offer tax, business and accounting advice but have established relationships with other professionals that can help you. Should you require any of the following services, we will be happy to help you establish and work with you both on an ongoing relationship with a trusted professional.
- Financial Advice and Insurance Needs: Tanya Carlson is the principal of Amplify Wealth Management Pty Ltd and is a specialist in these areas and has a knack for making complex financial matters easily understood. Initial appointments are at no cost.
- Loans: Jason Nelson is the principal of Homeloan Hut. His expert knowledge of products and strategies from a network of 25 lenders, is able to unlock financial freedom and empower you to take control of your finances. Whether it be a new home/business loan or refinancing your current loans, he will organise everything from start to finish and he comes to you!
- Chattel Mortgages/ Equipment Loans/Leases: Kelly Meares is a principal of Smartline Personal Mortgage Advisors and specialises in vehicle/equipment finance and car buying services. What is a car buying service? You tell Kelly the vehicle you want to purchase and Kelly negotiates directly with the car dealer on your behalf to obtain the vehicle at a discounted price. She takes the hassle and pain out of getting a new car.